Students from outside the European Economic Area require a student visa in order to come and study at Caxton College. Ensure that you make your application before coming to Spain. It is important that you do not enter Spain on a tourist visa if you intend to study as you will have to return to your country.
The Visa process
1. Visit the Spanish Embassy in the country of which you are a national or where you legally live to ask about visa requirements. You will be given a list of documents you need to provide and forms to complete.
The school will provide you with the following documents to support your visa application:
• Spanish medical insurance (€350 approximately)
• Notarial document, Only for students from Russia. (€60 approximately) We will require a copy of your passport in order to obtain this document.
• Enrolment certificate and Accommodation certificate.
• Certificate giving details of the programme the student will follow.
If you require any further documents, please consult the Admissions Department.
2. Once you are in Spain and you have a student visa we will help you to obtain your Spanish Student Card (residence permit)
You will be required to provide the school with the following documents to apply for your Spanish Student card:
• Notarised Parental Authorisation document, translated into Spanish with the Hague Apostille. We recommend that you request this document be valid for three or more years.
• 6 passport photographs
• A full passport valid for at least 6 months from the proposed date of entry into Spain and a copy of all of the pages.
• Your complete postal address and, if you are from Russia, we will also need a business address (company name and full postal address in order to send documents by courier service).